RANGE SAFETY RULES
Practice Range Use
The Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun Ranges are maintained for the safe and enjoyable use of all of the Cadillac Sportsmanís Club members and invited guests. The intentional mis-use of any of these ranges, either by unsafe firearm handling practices or by destroying club property will not be tolerated. Examples of these violations are shooting target frames or fixed structures, failure to discharge firearms in a safe direction, shooting cans & bottles, or any unsafe or unsportsmanlike behavior.
For safety reasons, only the rifle 100 & 200 yrd. practice range, the shotgun hand-thrower, and the pistol range are open for practice without a range safety officer present. The Indoor Range, the 200, 300, 600 yrd Rifle Range, and the Shotgun & Skeet equipment cannot be used unless a range safety officer is present for a scheduled activity. Please take down your used targets and take home.
Safety & Range Discipline
Firearms only become dangerous when people make them dangerous. When handled properly, there is no danger. Accidents donít just happen, they are caused by ignorance or disregard for safe procedures. Learn and practice the following safety rules until they become automatic. Observe them at all times. All members are responsible for informing their family members of these safety rules. Pick-up after yourself when finished.
Failure to obey these rules will result in your dismissal from club membership.
1. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded until you have personally proved otherwise.
2. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction downrange at all times.
3. Always keep the action open except when on the firing line, ready to fire.
4. Do not attach targets to target frames or supports.
5. SEE PAGE 2 for ADDITIONAL
6. Know yourself and your firearm and ammunition.
7. Be sure of your backstop and target.
8. Never mix alcohol and firearms. No alcohol or controlled substances on the ranges.
9. Always wear eye and ear protection.
10 Clean the ranges when you are finished shooting & take home your trash and brass.
11. NO SHOOTING BEFORE 9:00 AM OR AFTER DARK!
I have read the above range safety rules and fully understand them.
Witnessed by two range safety officers______________________________________